Money Mash Up 4/8
Money Mash Up 4/8. Hosted by simply stacia. A weekly series dedicated to keeping us on track with our spending, giving, and goal setting during the week and learning to find low cost and/or “free” things to do in our spare time. Details below if you’d like to use on your blog
1. The most money I’ve spent last week was for my summer pool pass for me and Social Diva for $122.40. My local municipal pool offers a 20% discount for passes purchased in the month of March. This expense covers the majority of my weekend entertainment on the sunny days.
2. A low-cost or free thing I did this past week was to meet my friends out for a few drinks on Saturday night. An order of fries and three adult beverages only cost me $16 with a generous tip. It’s been a while since I’ve had a nice night out with friends and this was definitely needed!
3. The one thing I did for another was pack up at least 5 bags of clothes to donate to the VA Vets Association. I have another bag going to my sister for her kids and step-kids.
4. One goal that I have and will do this week is to get seeds planted for tomato plants and flowers. I usually spend $100 or so for flowers and tomato plants and then the deer end up eating them. Now that it’s again the law for the neighbor to feed the deer, I’m hoping my plants will have a chance!
5. What is your favorite city in the United States? Sadly, I haven’t visited too many US cities. I love Hilton Head for vacation. I also recently visited New Orleans, and I’m looking forward to visiting again this November for a conference I’m coordinating. Once Social Diva graduates from high school, I’d love to entertain the thought of moving south.
That’s it for my week. How was yours?