2013: The Year In Review
When I look back, I feel like 2013 fell into the “unlucky 13” category. Events from this year have felt more challenging than fun.
Highs from the year:
- Vampire Boy turned 18 (where have the years gone?!)
- For his birthday/high school graduation present, I took him on The Rock Boat (it was an awesome trip!)
- He did graduate! (woot!)
- I sent my first born off to college (holy crap, I’m getting old!)
- OBX vacation with good friends! (thanks to Flawed Memory for taking me!)
- I road tripped with friends to see Red Wanting Blue (seriously, I ❤ this band!)
- Conference in New Orleans (I ❤ NOLA!)
Lows from the year:
- Car issues, both mechanical and accident-related; tickets for expired inspection (totally my fault); and the car has been running like crap since the summer
- Relationship issues (having a more ‘off’ than ‘on’ year)
Hmpft, how about that? When I sit down to think about all that happened over the year, the list of highs is longer than the list of lows (although both the car and relationship shit was a bit (::cough, understatement, cough::) overwhelming this year). They say “that which doesn’t not kill you makes you stronger,” right? At a few points in 2013, I wondered if I could keep my sanity while tasking my way through the challenges that life was throwing at me. And here it is, December 31, and I made it through the year!
So here’s wishing you a longer list of highs from 2013 and a happy and healthy 2014 filled with new fun and adventures!
Happy New Year!